Registered Users Policy
Registered Uses Policy
Whether you're a Buyer, Donator, Seller or Charity:
- Once Chooza approves you as a Registered User, Chooza will create a Chooza Account for you.
- Your Chooza Account is unique to you and it can't be sold, exchanged, assigned or otherwise passed over to anyone else.
- You can't have more than one Chooza Account.
- You must ensure that all of the information you provided in your Registration Application is updated via your Chooza Account login portal as it changes.
- You must ensure that you keep your Chooza Account login details securely to prevent unauthorised access to your Chooza Account and you should change your password regularly for the same reason.
- You accept all responsibility for any and all activity on and via your Chooza Account and warrant that any and all activity on your on and via your Chooza Account is by a person(s) duly authorised by you to undertake such activity.
- Each of the obligations and restrictions contained in these Terms are independent of every other obligation and restriction and of every other provision of these Terms placed on you.
- You use the Chooza Platform at your own risk.
If you're a Buyer, Donator or a Seller, as long as you meet the following criteria, you can terminate your Chooza Account:
- You have completed any transactions that you have undertaken via the Chooza Platform;
- At least 5 days have passed since your last Donation; and
- There is no unresolved Dispute.
If you're a Charity and you wish to terminate your Chooza Account, then:
- You must provide Chooza with 20 working days' notice of your intention to terminate your Chooza Account;
- Any termination is subject to Chooza's acceptance. That's because you may have been nominated as a Nominated Charity by a Seller or a Buyer for a transaction that is yet to be concluded and you will need to remain a Registered User so that Chooza can process any relevant Donations to you.
- If you have sold any item via the Chooza Platform, you must meet the criteria in clause 7.2.
If you're a Business User you agree:
With Chooza (in respect to your use of the Chooza Platform) and every other Business User (that you transact with on the Chooza Platform) that to the maximum extent permitted by law:
- The provisions of Part 3 of the Contract and Commercial Law Act 2017 and ss9, 12A, 13 and 14(1) of the Fair Trading Act do not apply to this Agreement and the parties contract out of the same;
- All warranties, descriptions, representations and conditions as to fitness or suitability for any purpose, tolerance to any condition, merchantability or otherwise whether of a like nature or not and whether expressed or implied by law, trade, custom or otherwise are expressly excluded.
- With Chooza (in respect to your use of the Chooza Platform) and every other Business User (that you transact with on the Chooza Platform) that to the maximum extent permitted by law:
- If Chooza considers that you have breached any of these Terms, it may immediately terminate you as a Registered User.
- Immediately on your Chooza Account being terminated (whether by you or Chooza), you will cease to be a Registered User and you will not be able to undertake any transactions via the Chooza Platform.
- If you want to terminate your Chooza Account, then provided you meet all of the criteria above, you can do so through your Dashboard.
- Whether you're a Buyer, Donator, Seller or Charity: